New Technology & Internet Dependency
The Digital Tech Detox
- Is your smartphone stealing the life from you?
- Do you prefer to spend more time in the ‘virtual/digital fake reality’ than with your family, real friends in the real world?
- Are you an internet addict?
- Are you addicted to your smartphone, other ‘smart’ devices, video games, internet pornography and virtual reality?
- Are you addicted to social media?
- Do you consider yourself connected or disconnected with the real world?
‘This is Our World’ by Steve Cutts
Addicted To Your Phone?
Have you become a zombie, a so-called ‘smartphone zombie’?
Do you have a cell phone obsession? Do you experience what is called ‘Phantom Phone Vibrations’? (It is when you have your smartphone in your pocket and you think it vibrates when in fact it is not.)
If so, then it’s time for a ‘Digital Tech Detox’!
For more than a decade I’ve been studying this digital addiction and excessive internet use. Are we losing our humanity, are we on the way to become just another part of the ‘Machine’? Is our mind hijacked by the Internet and the plethora of Smart Devices?
Is the rapidly evolving technology the answer to people’s needs? Is it the right solution for the problems of today’s modern society? If so, we should see more happy, healthy people. Look around, what do you see? It’s a fact that technology has turned most of the users into internet addicts and phone addicts with some becoming ‘smartphone zombies’.
What we are facing today is unprecedented in history and the response is internet rehab and The Digital Tech Detox.
‘The difference between technology and slavery is that slaves are fully aware that they are not free.’
Nassim Nicholas Taleb